Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- This drug is used in Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spondyloarthritis, Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.
- It bring disease under control and prevent joint damage.
- It is started in small doses and gradually dose is increased to maximum/efficacious level.
- It takes 8 to 12 weeks for its full effect.
- Blood counts and liver function tests are advised before starting drug and also at regular interval later to monitor its side effects.
- Those patients with sulpha allergy should not take this drug. If you have sulpha allergy please inform your doctor.
- Patients with G6PD deficiency are more susceptible to its side effects.
- Male patients taking this drug can have low sperm count. Patient should inform doctor if he is planning for child in near future. Sperm count becomes normal after stopping this drug.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug.
- Itching all over body, skin rash.
- Prolonged low grade fever, throat pain.
- Loose stools,Vomiting.
- Gum bleeding, Blood in urine.
- Dark-sticky stool
- Pregnant and Breast feeding mothers can take this drug safely