Last Update : 01 April, 2015
It is most potent anti inflammatory drug. It should be given at the right time, in minimum dose and for necessary period only. It gives rapid relief in symptoms and helps in bringing disease under control. Usually it is given early in the morning.
- It should be taken after food.
- It can cause side effects if continued for long period unnecessarily.
- It can cause Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, weight gain, early cataract, stomach ulcer etc.
- It should not be stopped suddenly; instead it should be tapper off slowly.
- Calcium, Vitamin D is advised regularly to prevent its side effects.
- Steroid injection can be given in joint if single joint is involved.