Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- This drug is commonly used in Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis.
- It controls the disease and prevent damage to joints.
- It is given daily in the tablet form.
- It can take up to 6 moths for its full effect.
- It is avoided in young girls and women planning pregnancy in near future.
- It cannot be used in pregnant women and lactating mother.
- Blood counts, liver function tests are done before starting this drug and periodically later as per rules.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug.
- Skin rash.
- Gum bleeding, blood in urine.
- Dark, sticky stool.
- Difficulty in breathing.