Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- This drug is used in diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis, SLE Etc.
- This drug helps to bring / keep diseases under control by correcting immunological abnormalities. This helps in preventing damage to organs.
- This drug is available in tablet and liquid form.
- Dose of this drug is raised slowly to avoid side effects.
- Periodic blood tests are done to monitor blood counts and liver functions and kidney functions.
- Full effect of this drug may come after 4 months.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug.
- Persistent low grade fever.
- Recurrent oral ulcers.
- Skin Rash.
- Spontaneous bleeding from gums or blood in urine.
- Black tar like sticky stool.
- If you develop general swelling over body or swelling of feet
- Difficulty in breathing.
- This drug can be given during pregnancy and breastfeeding.