Last Update : 01 April, 2015
- These drugs are used for Gout.
- These drugs reduces uric acid levels in blood and helps to bring disease under control.
- This drug is available in tablet form.
- Dose of this drug is raised slowly to avoid side effects.
- Periodic blood tests are done to monitor blood counts and liver functions and kidney functions.
- Full effect of this drug may come after 4 weeks.
- Once started these drugs are continued lifelong.
Inform your doctor if you develop following symptoms on this drug.
- General itching, Skin rash, Urticaria.
- Continuous low grade fever, Throat pain.
- Continuous nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting.